Πέμπτη 8 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

The funness of Rossini (Part I)

I always wanted to write something about Rossini, because I enjoy his music so much! So today I will make my first attempt... Hopefully, I will make many more attempts about Rossini in the future. Anyway.
I wonder what kind of a man Rossini was! It's a very interesting question actually. Consider this: Rossini admitted to crying only once during his adult life - when a cooked turkey (!) fell into a lake he was on (inside a rowing boat I can only presume)! If that statement alone doesn't make Rossini an interesting man, I don't know what does... Of course Rossini was an accomplished chef (not cook by todays standards)! But the single fact that he valued a drowned cooked turkey more than, let's say, a musical inspiration, definitely says something about him. And, yes, obviously a whole turkey would mean a great deal of expense, so losing it to the fish was a financial problem, but still... And a man who can cook and compose music, boy, that's a dream come true (at least, for me...)
So, yeah, Rossini was fun. And he still is! And I will prove it another day, but right now I have to go shopping...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου